Ever wish you could get rid of your golf slice for good? You know, start hitting the golf ball straight and actually hitting fairways off the tee instead of water hazards?
Well, here’s your chance. Get ‘Fix Your Golf Slice In Just 10 Minutes’, absolutely free, along with weekly golf news and tips delivered directly to your inbox. Just type in your name and email address below to receive this free eBook in just minutes.
- 3 Critical Keys to Mastering Your Mental Game & Becoming a Better Golfer
- 3 Smart Ways to Correct Your Reverse Pivot in Golf & Lower Your Scores
- 8 Surprising Ways to Increase Your Golf Swing Speed Today & Become a Better Golfer
- 5 Pro Golfers You Should Study to Help Lower Your Scores
- Fix Your Horrible Golf Slice in Just 10 Mins Without Costly Golf Lessons
- SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer Review – Critical Facts Before You Buy
- 3 Proven Techniques to Stop Hitting Fat Golf Shots Instantly Even if You’re a Hacker
- 6 Proven Tips Smart Golfers Use to Sink More Short Putts
- The Top 10 Funniest Golf Moments in Film & TV
- 4 Ways the Professionals Make Constant Golf Improvement in Their Game
- 5 Golf Experts Reveal Their Secrets to Putting Like a Pro
- How to Read Putting Greens Like a Pro & Average 27-Putts a Round
- What Causes a Hook in Golf, How to Cure it & Start Hitting 100% More Fairways
- How to Spin Your Bunker Shots and Stop it Inches From the Flag
- The 6 Best Golf Drivers of 2015 & How They Can Help Your Game
- Is it Possible to Achieve the Perfect Golf Swing?
- How to Get the Perfect Golf Swing Sequence & Cure Your Slice?
- Will Another Tiger Woods Injury End the Media Madness?
- The Top 10 Players to Watch on the 2015 Pro Golf Tours
- How to Fix Your Golf Swing by Remembering 1 Powerful Swing Thought
- How to Play the 20-Yard Golf Lob Shot & Stick it Close Every Time
- 2015 Golf Season – Rory, Tiger or a New Superstar?
- Golf is a Game of Precision, But Who Said it Should be Slow?
- How to Build Confidence in Your Putting With a Simple Putting Drill That Will Slash 4 Strokes From Your Scores
- Is the First Gay Golfer on the Men’s Tours About to Come Out?
- How to Increase Your Golf Swing Speed, Add 50+ Yards of Distance & Eliminate Your Power Leaks
- How to Fix Your Flying Right Elbow, Hit Straighter Shots and Gain 20+ Yards Off The Tee
- How to Get the Perfect Golf Posture in Just 30 Seconds
- How to Get the Perfect Downswing in Golf Every Time With 1 Simple Tweak!
- How to Get the Proper Golf Swing Takeaway in 60 Seconds
- How to Get the Proper Golf Swing Plane & Fix a Steep Downswing
How to Get the Correct Golf Swing Plane Every Time
Are you struggling to make any sort of solid contact on the golf ball?
Maybe you feel like you are coming down steep and chopping the ball resulting in a big banana slice?
If this sounds like you then there’s a good chance your golf swing plane is way off and it’s causing a multitude of problems with your golf swing.
You’re not alone, as an ‘off plane’ golf swing is extremely common and effects over 90% of amateur golfers.
The good news is with just a bit of understanding you can find the correct golf swing plane for you and really see some fantastic improvement in your golf scores.
I put together this short 3 minute video that explains what the golf swing plane is and how to execute a great on plane golf swing.
Most golfers struggle with their golf game because at some stage during their golf swing they come ‘off plane’.
1. The common reasons I see on the golf course are when a golfer takes the golf club too far back on the inside or too far outside on the takeaway. This puts your golf swing off plane immediately and then requires a number of compensation measures to get your golf swing back on the correct golf swing plane.
2. The second reason I see is golfers will move their upper body first on the downswing which causes the golf club to come down too steeply. Again, this causes the swing to come off plane and results in numerous poor golf shots including slices, pulls and fat shots.
How to fix
To get the best results in fixing your golf swing plane it’s ideal if you can work in front of a mirror or to video your golf swing from down the line. You’ll be able to see where the club travels throughout the golf swing.
1. Ensure your takeaway comes back straight with very little wrist break and stays on the arc of the golf swing. Let the big muscles of the chest and shoulders do most of the work.
2. On the downswing ensure you drop your hands enough so the golf club stays on plane and doesn’t come down too steep. Ensure your lower body (legs) are starting the downswing.
What about Jim Furyk’s golf swing?
2003 US Open winner Jim Furyk has one of the most unusual golf swings in world golf. He breaks the mould by having a very steep position (off plane) at the top of the golf swing but then drops his hands suddenly on the downswing to get it back on plane.
Now, there’s nothing wrong with this at all and obviously Jim Furyk has had a wonderful career swinging the golf club this way.
However, Furyk has tremendous talent and has the ability to perform this compensation and still get the golf club in the right position at the right time.
For the rest of us I would recommend focusing on getting the correct golf swing plane right at the start through to the finish.
Having the correct golf swing plane is vital if you want to see any sort of improvement in your golf game. If your swing plane is either too steep or too flat then there is a very good chance you are not hitting the golf ball consistently well.
This is of course unless you are making some sort of adjustment to get the golf club in the right position before you make contact with the ball.
Getting the correct golf swing plane puts you in the best position to square the clubface at impact resulting in better contact and lower scores.
Give these golf swing plane drills a try before you tee off next time and I know it will really help your golf game.
Let me know if you have tried this technique or a similar one and results your received, I would love to know.
If you enjoyed this post please leave a comment below or click on your favourite social media icon to the left.