Ever wish you could get rid of your golf slice for good? You know, start hitting the golf ball straight and actually hitting fairways off the tee instead of water hazards?
Well, here’s your chance. Get ‘Fix Your Golf Slice In Just 10 Minutes’, absolutely free, along with weekly golf news and tips delivered directly to your inbox. Just type in your name and email address below to receive this free eBook in just minutes.
- The 6 Best Golf Drivers of 2015 & How They Can Help Your Game
- Is it Possible to Achieve the Perfect Golf Swing?
- How to Get the Perfect Golf Swing Sequence & Cure Your Slice?
- Will Another Tiger Woods Injury End the Media Madness?
- The Top 10 Players to Watch on the 2015 Pro Golf Tours
- Tiger’s Tooth, Allenby’s Kidnapping & Dustin’s Drug Denial … Truth or Lies?
- How to Fix Your Golf Swing by Remembering 1 Powerful Swing Thought
- How to Play the 20-Yard Golf Lob Shot & Stick it Close Every Time
- 2015 Golf Season – Rory, Tiger or a New Superstar?
- 2014 Golf Year In Review – Winners & Losers
- Golf is a Game of Precision, But Who Said it Should be Slow?
- Are Sandbagger’s Coming to a Golf Course Near You?
- How to Build Confidence in Your Putting With a Simple Putting Drill That Will Slash 4 Strokes From Your Scores
- The 12 Biggest Golf Turkeys of 2014 … So Far!
- Is the First Gay Golfer on the Men’s Tours About to Come Out?
- PGA Tours Wraparound Season Killing Golf Fans
- How to Increase Your Golf Swing Speed, Add 50+ Yards of Distance & Eliminate Your Power Leaks
- How to Fix Your Flying Right Elbow, Hit Straighter Shots and Gain 20+ Yards Off The Tee
- 6 Reasons Tiger Woods Will or Will Not Win Another Major
- How to Get the Perfect Golf Posture in Just 30 Seconds
- How to Get the Perfect Downswing in Golf Every Time With 1 Simple Tweak!
- How to Get the Proper Golf Swing Takeaway in 60 Seconds
- How to Get the Proper Golf Swing Plane & Fix a Steep Downswing
How to Get Into the Slot for a Perfect Downswing in Golf
Finding the perfect downswing to hit solid, powerful golf shots is what every golfer is searching for. The key to getting in this position is the role the arms play in the downswing.
You often hear the phrase from top players called ‘finding the slot’. The slot is that ideal position in the downswing that enables the golfer to swing through to the golf ball in an inside to outside swing plane.
Most beginners and amateurs are unable to find the slot because they are too active with their arms in the downswing.
In particular the right arm (right hander) often dominates the downswing forcing the golfer to swing around the over the golf ball. This is better known as coming over the top. This causes several bad shots from slices, pulls and everything else in between.
Here is a great drill I found from Michael Breed and the team at the Golf Channel. It is called the one arm drill and can be performed with or without a golf ball. You can practice this in your backyard or even your living room and only takes a few seconds.
Here’s the video and description of the drill:-
1. Take your golf club with just your right hand. Leave your left hand off the golf club and place to the side or behind your back.
2. Take slow ¾ length golf swings with just the right hand and let the golf club come right through towards the target.
3. Try to feel the club coming through closer to your body on more of an inside to outside swing path. If you’re hitting a golf ball at the range you will notice the flight path will start to gradually favour a more right left direction, this is good.
4. Finally, add your left hand to the grip and start to make easy golf swings. You should start to feel the golf club coming through to the ball on a better swing path.
Practice this drill several times at the golf driving range until it feels comfortable. Start off with one hand and then gradually add the second. This will help you find the slot more often and in no time develop a perfect downswing.
Finding the slot in golf is a lot easier to achieve if these follow these drills.
Give it a try and let me know your results.
Please leave your comments below.