Ever wish you could get rid of your golf slice for good? You know, start hitting the golf ball straight and actually hitting fairways off the tee instead of water hazards?
Well, here’s your chance. Get ‘Fix Your Golf Slice In Just 10 Minutes’, absolutely free, along with weekly golf news and tips delivered directly to your inbox. Just type in your name and email address below to receive this free eBook in just minutes.
- Tiger’s Tooth, Allenby’s Kidnapping & Dustin’s Drug Denial … Truth or Lies?
- How to Fix Your Golf Swing by Remembering 1 Powerful Swing Thought
- How to Play the 20-Yard Golf Lob Shot & Stick it Close Every Time
- 2015 Golf Season – Rory, Tiger or a New Superstar?
- 2014 Golf Year In Review – Winners & Losers
- Golf is a Game of Precision, But Who Said it Should be Slow?
- Are Sandbagger’s Coming to a Golf Course Near You?
- How to Build Confidence in Your Putting With a Simple Putting Drill That Will Slash 4 Strokes From Your Scores
- The 12 Biggest Golf Turkeys of 2014 … So Far!
- Is the First Gay Golfer on the Men’s Tours About to Come Out?
- PGA Tours Wraparound Season Killing Golf Fans
- How to Increase Your Golf Swing Speed, Add 50+ Yards of Distance & Eliminate Your Power Leaks
- How to Fix Your Flying Right Elbow, Hit Straighter Shots and Gain 20+ Yards Off The Tee
- 6 Reasons Tiger Woods Will or Will Not Win Another Major
- How to Get the Perfect Golf Posture in Just 30 Seconds
- How to Get the Perfect Downswing in Golf Every Time With 1 Simple Tweak!
- How to Get the Proper Golf Swing Takeaway in 60 Seconds
- How to Get the Proper Golf Swing Plane & Fix a Steep Downswing
4 Killer Signs You’re Wasting Time at the Golf Driving Range
Whether you’re a competitive club golfer or just an everyday hacker every golfer at some stage visits their local golf driving range. Now before I get started with the heart of this post please bear in mind the following.
If you’re just a social visitor to your local golf driving range and are only there for some fun please read no further. This is designed for the regular club golfer or any golfer for that matter that wants to see some real improvement.
On my many visits to local golf ranges over the years I have noticed a number of things that really stand out. There seems to be a real lack of purpose about how golfers are spending their time there and how they practice.
Here are my 4 sure-fire signs you’re betting off spending your time elsewhere:
1. You start hitting golf balls without any sort of stretching or warm up
Seems obvious but most golfers just don’t do it. To get the most out of your practice your body must be fully warmed up and ready to go. Spend at least 5 minutes stretching the big muscles of your back, shoulders and legs.
2. The first club you pull out of the bag is your driver
This is a real big one. Golfers wanting to see improvement in their game should start their practice routine off with the shortest club. Your wedges should be the first club pulled out of the bag.
From there you progress through the clubs and work your way up to the driver.
3. You spend most of the time trying to hit the ball collecting tractor
This is a no-brainer but it only stands to reason that if this is you, then you’re there just for some fun and games. But if you’re there for some real constructive practice then stay away from the moving targets and focus on the job at hand.
4. You just blast away hitting golf balls without aiming for any specific target
This is a real common one and something that I have been guilty of in the past. It’s important to treat your time at the golf driving range as if you’re on the golf course during a round.
Pick out a target in the distance and pretend it’s a hole at your local golf course. This helps simulate the whole golf experience and at least put some pressure on you to focus on the job at hand.
So next time you are at your local golf driving range remember to spend the time there wisely. Start with some stretching and warm up, take out a wedge, pick out a target and begin practising.